By Ferdi Turkten
ANKARA (AA) – President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday issued a message ahead of Eid al-Fitr, urging public to observe the Muslim festival indoors due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In his message on the eve of the Eid al-Fitr marking the end of Islamic holy fasting month of Ramadan, Erdogan said humanity is going through a tough test of coronavirus crisis, however, Turkey is managing this process very well.
Although many fields, such as the economy and social life, have been severely affected by the measures implemented to fight pandemic, the normalization process has begun.
Stressing the importance of the global effort against the outbreak, Erdogan said Turkey gave humanity lesson to the world.
"While many countries have experienced tough times during their virus combat due to their limited sources, Turkey has met its own needs and it also has helped many countries," he said.
Erdogan appreciated all public and private sector personnel, especially healthcare professionals, who, he said, “worked selflessly” during the outbreak, for their efforts.
Erdogan also added that the government will continue to work to cushion the adverse impacts of the virus.
"I hope, in the post-pandemic era where the world will reorganize politically and economically, we will uprise the power, wealth and welfare of Turkey," he said.
Lastly, Erdogan congratulated the Eid of all Muslims and Turkish people, which will be celebrated by millions of Muslims between May 24 and 26 this year.
"May Allah allow us observe the holy month of Ramadan with health, well-being and peace," he said.
- President Erdogan’s Message on Eid al-Fitr
- Croatian President on working visit to Turkey and meets with President Erdogan
- President Erdogan accepted the Letter of Credence from Burkina Faso's new Ambassador
- Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, greeted the official ceremony at the Presidential Complex
- President Erdogan joins Teknofest with F-16 aircraft in Istanbul
- President Erdogan made shopping at Agricultural Credit Cooperative store